Darknet is a little awesome open source neural network written in C. Is fast, slim and friendly to use.
In particular, if you are interested in a fast and small classifier you should try Tiny Darknet. I’m using it in conjunction with a Bayesian network in order to classify a huge amount of images (using my slow pc) in a fast and reliable way (maybe I’ll explain more in another post).
Like I did in a previous post, I wanted to analyze the community of projects surrounding Darknet on Github.
In this exploration I’m using the fork action in order to obtain a network. As second step I’m using a community detection method and some metrics in order to obtain interesting clusters.
Here are the results:
Community 1 contains some of the reference projects regarding modern neural nets:
Keras, cntk, mxnet xgboost, caffe2.
It also contains the evergreens scikit-learn and opencv. The first is a pivotal node of machine learning in python, the second one is a masterpiece when talking about computer vision.
- Pix2pix Image-to-image translation with conditional adversarial nets
- Tiny-dnn header only, dependency-free deep learning framework in C++14
This net is dominated by YOLO (You only look once) that is is a state-of-the-art, real-time object detection system.
Keras-yolo3, keras-yolo2,yolo2-pytorch, YOLO3–4-Py ,tensorflow-yolo ,caffe-yolo,YOLO_tensorflow, YOLO_Object_Detection
Interesting to read are also:
Community 3 is centered on one of the biggest players when talking about deep learning: Tensorflow.
Tensorflow stands out in respect to the other players, at least in this community analysis.
Mostly contains resources related to computer vision and deep learning.
Awesome projects included in this net are:
- Dlib http://dlib.net/
- Ncnn high-performance neural network inference framework optimized for the mobile platform by Tencent
- TFFRCNN TFFRCNN FastER RCNN built on tensorflow
This community contains some interesting little elements:
- Facenet face recognition using Tensorflow
- Darkflow to translate your darknet network to tensorflow
Finally, this community shows our starting point, Darknet.
Since the starting point in this kind of analysis is (usually) the center of our net, the community here tends to be a bit generic.
Some interesting projects:
- iGAN Interactive Image Generation via Generative Adversarial Networks
- Insightface a face Recognition Project on MXNet
Interested in this or other data analysis techniques?
Need some help with your project? Contact us email@example.com